Monday, September 20, 2010

Lupus Walk for Nashville










What better way to spend a wonderful Saturday afternoon than at the park with two of the sweetest girls I know, who are they? Macy Moyer and Camille Gear. Macy Miss Capital City Teen Princess and Camille is Miss Music City's Outstanding Teen, both of the girls will compete in March in hopes of bringing home the state title to wonderful Music City! Lupus is Macy's platform and I was so excited when she asked me to come and get involved! Lupus is not something that everyone knows about, and I think that being apart of such an event really opens your eyes to that reality. You may still be asking what is Lupus? Lupus is an autoimmune disease where the body's immune system becomes hyperactive and attacks normal, healthy tissue. This results in symptoms such as inflammation, swelling, and damage to joints, skin, kidneys, blood, the heart, and lungs. If you would like to get involved and help people that are diagnosed with Lupus look up the Lupus foundation nearest you!

I had such a good time getting to know these girls and can not wait for more appearances to come! I will be posting more photo's on my personal website, but here are a few to look at!


No comments:

Post a Comment