Thursday, October 7, 2010

Miss Music City goes PINK!!!!






I am sure that no matter who you are, you or your family has been affected by CANCER, particularly BREAST CANCER. During the month of October we celebrate the lives of those who have both survived and fought the battle of Breast Cancer, and remember that one day with the help of awareness, early detection, and funds that WE will find a CURE for Breast Cancer, and ALL CANCERS!

Today I was thinking of all the people that I know that have had breast cancer, and it is sad that you know so many people now that have had or have cancer that you can not remember what type of cancer they have. As Miss Music City and as a friend that has lost a friend to cancer I want to make a difference, I want to look back one day and have my kids have to ask me "what is cancer?" because it is as rare as Polio! With all that said nothing can be changed unless we change it ourselves so I am asking YOU to donate NOW to Relay For Life, in honor or in memory of those that you have lost! Please follow my teams page "Queen For A Cause" at the following link: http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?px=3866229&fr_id=28978&pg=personal
Even if it is just $5 you are making a difference in the lives of every American!

If you have a story that you would like to share of how a friend, co worker, family member, neighbor, or just a stranger you met battled their cancer whether they are still alive or not I want you to share their story! The words that you share may be a light of hope for someone who is going thru the long process of battling cancer themselves or thru a family member or a friend. I want to hear from all of you! Please send the stories to VMVanDyke@yahoo.com I am going to do something very special with them, if you do not want your story to be public please say so in the email!

Remember that October is all about BREAST CANCER awareness, honor all of those that have put up the fight for Breast Cancer!!!! Also remember that early detection is the LIFE SAVER for Breast Cancer, women and men over the age of 40 are at risk, yes I said MEN! Contact your physician to find out more information and get checked for Breast Cancer! If you have questions or want to know more about how to do a personal exam or where you can go to for help please visit: http://www.relayforlife.org/relay/crfbbreast

I can not wait to hear all of your stories, have a blessed and PINK OCTOBER!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment