Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Getting to know Miss Music City









Hello everyone,

I thought it would be a great idea for me to share some things about myself and why I am the person I am today! I am a 19 year old Sophomore at Belmont University in Nashville, TN! I am an Entertainment Industry Studies major, minoring in Mass Communications. My hopes are to one day become a Country Music Singer and be inducted into the Grand Ole Opry. I was born and raised in Belmont, NC with a great Christian family. My Father is an educator and coaches High School football and baseball, my Mother is a stay at home mom, and my brother and I share the same birthday but are 4 years apart. My brother is my best friend in the whole wide world, and I am sure you will see his talents this year on this blog, he is an amazing photographer, did I mention he is only 15! Yes, I'm proud!!!


Since I was 8 years old I have spent a lot of time volunteering for the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life, after loosing a close childhood friend to an inoperable brain tumor finding a cure for cancer has always been my mission in life. I have raised over $55,000 personally to help find a cure for cancer, it is my dream to see that no one ever has to go through what my Noelle did again. In high school I was in 12 clubs and was a member of the Varsity cheerleading squad and apart of the SC State Champion Chorus. Music has always been a huge part of my life, and I could not imagine my life without it!

I enjoy shopping, dancing, singing. going to movies, watching pageants, and volunteering! I am a huge baseball fan and love DUKE basketball, and am proud to say I am also a Clemson Tiger. Growing up a coaches daughter I LOVE all sports and as you can tell all teams! When I was 16 and I told my dad I was going to do a pageant, I wish you could have seen the look on his face, he was laughing inside and out. After the pageant he said to me "I have never been so proud" and that was a turning point in my life, I actually won that pageant that night and went to compete at Miss NC's Outstanding Teen! I have been blessed in my pageant experiences and have the most positive feeling towards them, I can honestly say that they have made me a better women both on the stage and off and not to mention have almost paid for my education!
I am so excited about being Miss Music City and can not wait to take the stage in Jackson, TN at Miss TN this June. I will leave you with something that I made my moto a year ago, I hope it means as much to you as it does to me!


"Use your crown to open a new door, but don't use it as the reason you are walking in."


God Bless,

Victoria VanDyke

No comments:

Post a Comment