Thursday, December 16, 2010

Princess Amanda



As most of you in the Miss Tennessee family know our dear Amanda Swartout going thru a very hard time right now. For those of you that do not know Amanda, she is a Chattanooga, 12 year old native that has been battling a Brain Tumor. As most of you know the reason why my platform is Relay For Life is because when I was 8 I lost a very dear friend, Noelle to the same disease! As I watch this family go thru the same thing that Noelle's family did I can do nothing but lift them up in prayer. Although it may not seem like it, we are making strides towards finding a cure to this robbing disease! Earlier this month Amanda and her family were able to Make A Wish and take a family vacation to Hawaii where Amanda was able to swim with dolphins and have some awesome family time. Amanda, who loves country music by the way even got to meet Lady Antebellum along with her sister. After the trip Amanda's prognosis was not exactly what the family would have hoped but as her mother said "God does great things," and I truly believe that.


Amanda's love for country music inspired me to do exactly what any Miss Music City should do, and that is get together with my Country Artist friends and give her the BEST Christmas ever. With the help of many famous country artist Amanda is receiving a lot of country music this week out there in Memphis, Tennessee. I am praying that this music lifts up her spirits and her families as she enjoys this Christmas. Please keep Amanda in your thoughts and prayers as well as the millions that are battling Cancer this Holiday season. I am a believer in Miracles and that God is in business still!

If you have anything that you would like to send to Amanda or her family you are welcome to send it to this address:

Amanda Swartout
c/o Chattanooga Truck Center
1716 Church Rd
Chattanooga, TN 37421

No comments:

Post a Comment